måndag 9 mars 2009

Sucker for love

Through this same man and me hath all this
war be wrought, and the death of the most noblest
knights of the world; for through our love that
we have loved together is my most noble lord slain.
Therefore, sir Lancelot,
wit thou

Well I am set in such a plight to get my soul heal.
And yet I trust, through God's grace and through
His Passion of His wounds wide,
that after my death
I may have a sight of the blessed face of Christ Jesu,
and on Doomsday to sit on His right side;
for as sinful as ever I was, now are saints in heaven.

And therefore, sir Lancelot,
I require thee and beseech thee heartily,
for all the love
that ever was betwixt us, that thou never
see me no more in the visage.

And I command thee, on God's behalf, that thou
forsake my company. And to thy kingdom
look thou turn again, and keep well
thy realm from war and wrack,
for as well as I have loved
thee heretofore mine heart will not serve now
to see thee;
for through thee and me is the flower
of kings and knights destroyed.


Guinevere.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar